A Long Engagement
This exhibition explores the layers of repair and our relationship with clothing and textiles. Aiming to rethink fashion and to create a caring environment through the act of repair, co-creation and craftivism. Every wear and repair can be seen as embodiment of a story from a journey together.
Even a small act sewing a button gives us humans the possibility for interference to global processes. A small stitch can be a revolutionary step towards longer lasting and meaningful relationships with fashion.
The designers and artists invite the public to participate in workshops and to contribute to the exhibition by adding their work of repair. The exhibition will be formulated through co-design with the audience.
The exhibition space facilitates a workshop where one can repair, learn how to mend and to discuss the wellbeing of our planet, ourselves and our clothing while making together. The audience is invited to a discussion over our roles in our relationship with textiles and clothing - are we the consumers, owners, wearers or are we in a caring relationship?Workshops and events
17. November 7pm - Movie night "Out of fashion" 2015 (60 min). Free!
19. November 1pm - Workshop "Repairing the knitwork", Marta Konovalov.
26. November 12-5pm Workshop, Maris Taul, Traditional patching.
10.December 10am-5pm, Workshop, Anna-Maria Saar, siidist teksani - viledaks kulunud kangaste paikamise põhimõtted.
15. December 7pm, movienight "Green Warriors : Indonesia, The World's Most Polluted River" by Martin Boudot (2017)
(54min). For free!
14. January 3pm, Workshop, Gary Markle, Craft/Shop: speaking futures with craft.
14. January 11-3pm, Workshop, Marika Jylhä ja Kelian Luisk, Making slippers.
21. January kell 10am-16pm, Workshop, Terje Meisterson, Mending the pearls.
28. Januray 4pm, Exhibition finissage!
The exhibition and workshops are supported by Estonian Cultural Endowment.